for me it doesn't really begin until i look back -
i opened my christmas05 picture folder and started down memory lane....
- my son was convinced the tree skirt was a blanket to snuggle up under
- we had a sad looking fake tree
- we had started remodeling the living room and front porch
- my son was in diapers
- my daughter couldn't wait to wear the dress my M.I.L. made for her
- my daughter told me she hoped we could have a real tree for the next year
- we had installed a woodstove, and the house was just too dry for a real one
- i was preparing for the busy season at work
- the dog found the present my daughter got for him. he chewed through the gift paper. i taped it all back together and nobody ever knew.
the wreath has been hung on our front door and the holiday music is playing.
and the new favorite joke around the house is:
what does a snowman eat for breakfast?