12.01.2006

holiday

for me it doesn't really begin until i look back -

i opened my christmas05 picture folder and started down memory lane....

  • my son was convinced the tree skirt was a blanket to snuggle up under
  • we had a sad looking fake tree
  • we had started remodeling the living room and front porch
  • my son was in diapers
  • my daughter couldn't wait to wear the dress my M.I.L. made for her
  • my daughter told me she hoped we could have a real tree for the next year
  • we had installed a woodstove, and the house was just too dry for a real one
  • i was preparing for the busy season at work
  • the dog found the present my daughter got for him. he chewed through the gift paper. i taped it all back together and nobody ever knew.

the wreath has been hung on our front door and the holiday music is playing.

are you ready for the holiday?

and the new favorite joke around the house is:

what does a snowman eat for breakfast?

frosted flakes!

6 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger acumamakiki said...

My girl is all about the jokes these days, I'll have to give her this one. (=
We don't start Christmas here until Hannukah is over (less confusion)but I'm ready. And someday I'm going to make a tree skirt, someday.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger la vie en rose said...

heehee...cute joke...

i'm hoping to make a big dent in my holiday decorating this weekend...we'll see...

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

I am not ready yet...not at all. I'm in the spirit, though, which is something, right?
--D.--

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Deb R said...

I'm semi-ready...does that count. :-)

I put up a small tree yesterday (something I haven't done at all the past couple of years) but haven't yet done any other decorating or any baking, and haven't mailed out cards. I have most of my shopping done though. Still need to get some stuff for my brother's kids, but I'm supposed to see him (my brother) later today and he swore to me he'd have some ideas for me by then. :-)

LOVE the photo you posted!!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Nessie Noodle said...

getting our tree this weekend... we get to go "huntin" for it and cut it down ourselves...
doing our part to keep the forests happy (really it helps)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger The Whole Self said...

oooh...we're all about the holidays here...that pic of your son is pre-ci-oso. also, i've gotta tell that joke to my girl when she wakes up from her nap.

xo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home