11.23.2006

giving thanks





















in moments that seem like they will never pass
when the kids are bickering, tattling, picking at each other
i take the moment
and give thanks
i am thankful that they have each other
that they do play together
that we are a family, learning as we go along
thankful that we sleep in warm beds, and eat every day

thankful for family - near and far
for lessons learned along the way
especially
thankful for my grandmother showing me that in every darkness there is light
and that there is goodness all around if we are willing to look for it

thankful for the strong women in my life
who have taught by example

thankful that through it all we've stuck together,
that when it would have been easier to leave
we chose to stay

thankful for good things
like these:
good books read by the woodstove
for toasty toes
and handpainted mugs filled with cocoa

thankful for dear friends i've grown with through the years

thankful for the kind words you leave me when you visit

we will feast on turkey today. not candy- i am thankful for that too

happiness to all of you,
A

7 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger acumamakiki said...

Thankful that you shared this lovely list with us.
Much love to you and your family ~ happy thanksgiving!!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Deb R said...

Beautiful photo and that's a great list of things to be thankful for.

I hope you had a wonderful day!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Nessie Noodle said...

Did you at least have candied yams? tee hee...

thank you for writing words that touch my heart, that almost fit my world in some way or another...

Thanks for putting yourself out here Angela.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Your list--full of things I need to remember myself. How very beautiful the world looks through a grateful set of eyes!
--D.--

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger The Whole Self said...

love the list, and the quiet thoughtfulness of it. i love the part about sticking to it when it would be easier to leave. that really struck me.

i am thankful for YOU.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger ecm said...

great photo, great list...so many good things to be thankful for

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Peter said...

As a veteran of Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq...over these last few months...I've wondered to myself, "Is it possible to reduce the amount of hatred and violence in our world?"

Last week, before going to sleep, I began asking myself a lot of WHAT IF questions.

The central theme behind my thoughts are neither anti-war or pro-religion. My words are not meant to inspire scenes of flag-burning or political protest signs. Sadly, I realize that sometimes a lasting Peace means war.

However, unless someone and everyone start talking about the idea of Peace...

Even if it's just for two short minutes...

It's possible that an unstoppable firestorm of hatred may one day burn its way across our entire planet.

Instead of pointing out those differences which separate mankind...

It's my hope that the humanity within all of us will somehow prevail...

Even if it's JUST FOR TWO SHORT MINUTES...

See link: http://just-one-day-of-peace.blogspot.com/

If you write a passage about what the PEACE means to you, I'll build a simple BLOG page featuring your words and original images…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home